The vision of Palmetto Women's Center is to foster a community where every individual chooses life for their unborn child, eternal life through faith in Christ, and abundant life by walking in obedience to Him.
We promote life by offering gospel-centered care and counseling, excellence in medical services, and focused education and resources so that abortion would become unthinkable.
The Palmetto Women’s Center was started in 1984 in the living room of Lynne Siglin who was concerned with the lack of alternative options to abortion available to women and men in Rock Hill and the surrounding areas. Clients were given pregnancy tests and then referred to the Pregnancy Center in Charlotte. It became obvious that this arrangement would need to be changed. In 1986 a small office location on Charlotte Avenue was secured and an affiliation was made with a national organization, known as Care-Net, to provide materials and help with training. From the beginning it was realized this is a mission field and all of our services would be free. Palmetto Women’s Center has served over 40,000 clients from the York and Chester area. We are governed by a Board of Directors and a Medical Director who oversees all medical services. We receive no government funding and are supported solely by the contributions of churches, individuals, and businesses from our community.
OUR CORE VALUES
1. HUMILITY - With a spirit of humility we go the extra mile to serve others with genuine care, concern and respect. (Mark 10:45)
2. TRUTH- Truth sits at the heart of what we believe and we work with clients, staff, volunteers and the community in open and honest ways. We do not believe truth is subjective, but that truth is defined in the person of God. (John 14:6)
3. UNITY- We are committed to being a healthy part of the body of Christ, creating an example of unity. (Ps. 133:1)
4. INTEGRITY- We live a life that reflects our biblical convictions, believing that there is nothing hidden from our Lord. (Pro. 10:9)
5. HOPE- The hope that lies within us through the power of the Holy Spirit is evident in us and shared with each client and throughout the community. (Rom. 15:13)
6. LOVE- We serve all with compassion, gentleness and kindness. (Eph. 4:32)
7. JOY- All our services and interactions will be rendered in a spirit of joy and with a glad heart because the joy of the Lord is our strength. (Neh. 8:10)
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
(1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; John 3:16)
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
(1 John 5:7; Psalm 119; Matthew 4:4; Luke 24:27)
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
(Luke 1:26-35; 1 Peter 1:3; Revelation 19-20, Ephesians 2:13-18; John 1:1-4)
We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
(Titus 3:4-7; John 3:5, John 6; Ephesians 2:8; Galatians 3:2-3; 1 Peter 1:2)
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
(1 Corinthians 12:7-11; John 4:26; John 16:13)
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
(Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:11-15; John 14:1-6)
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
(John 17:23; Ephesians 4:11-13; 1 Corinthians 12:4-6; Corinthians 4:27-28)